Monday, January 17, 2011

0

500 views and "Trades" page update

  • Monday, January 17, 2011
  • Chris Becker
  • Share
  • It took just over a week to get 500 page-views for Birch Creek Trading!

    Thank you for having a look and I hope everyone is gaining an insight. Right now, I haven't closed any trades I have opened since starting the blog, so the "guts" of the blog is yet to make an appearance. Watch this space as I hopefully make only a few mistakes, but lots of profit.....

    I've updated the page "Trades" (see the tabs at the top of the blog, e.g. What I Trade,  My Routine) - it now includes a table summary of all trades I have outlined in my End of Week analysis and individual "Magnificent Seven" analysis.

    From there you can track if my trading strategies work well or not - I have kept the "tracking" quite simple, with identical capital allocation for each trade: either 1 option contract (exposure to 1000 shares), 500 warrants (assume 50% leverage for total 1000 shares exposure) or 1000 shares.

    Of course, capital allocation is a large component of trading due to the "equity at risk" rule. Most traders use 2% total equity at risk: I vary it depending on the inherent risk of the trading vehicle.

    My actual trades will differ slightly from the table summary: why?

    Because I trade first and blog later! I might in the post-close afternoon analysis give some reasons to trade ZXY, but I may have already performed such a trade myself.

    Almost two hours left in the day and XJO is falling - it seems 4800 remains key resistance for the time being.....

    0 Responses to “500 views and "Trades" page update”

    Post a Comment